User registration form
RINGS is a web resource providing algorithmic and data mining tools to aid glycobiology research.
Many of the tools have been published in the literature;
RINGS provides free access to these methods for academic research.
When publishing papers, books, etc. using RINGS, please cite the following paper:
Akune Y, Hosoda M, Kaiya S, Shinmachi D, Aoki-Kinoshita KF. The RINGS resource for glycome informatics analysis and data mining on the Web. OMICS. 14(4):475-86, 2010.
mobileRINGS iPhone app now available from the App Store!
This site has been supported by Grant-In-Aid for Young Scientists (A), KAKENHI (20016025), the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) and the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
- New! DrawRINGS: 2D HTML5-based glycan structure drawing tool for generating KCF and IUPAC format and/or querying the RINGS database, which current contains the glycan structures from Glycome-DB and an internally curated data set from the literature.
- New! Glycan Miner Tool: implemented based on Hashimoto et al., 2008 for mining alpha-closed frequent subtrees from a set of glycan structures
- New! Glycan Pathway Predictor (GPP) Tool Ver.2: implemented based on Krambeck et al., 2005, which was later improved in Krambeck et al., 2009, for dynamically computing the N-glycan biosynthesis pathway from a given glycan structure
- New! GlycomeAtlasV5: Visualization of glycome profiling data on human and mouse tissue samples, as described in Konishi et al., 2012. This latest release contains more detailed profile visualization functionality.
- Glycan Kernel Tool: Glycan structure classification tool, based on Jiang et al., 2011, for finding distinguishing glycan substructures in a target data set compared to a control.
- MCAW Tool: glycan structure multiple alignment tool. Align a set of glycan structures and visualize the result as a glycan profile. This tool can be used to find commonalities among a group of glycan structures.
- New! TED-MCAW Tool: Glycan multiple alignment tool based on tree edit distance. Execute glycan multiple alignment for the query glycans, and visualize the result glycan profile as an image. In addition, JSON-based REST API is also available.
- Profile PSTMM Tool : implemented based on Aoki-Kinoshita et al., 2006, generate glycan profiles from glycan structure data which can be entered together with binding affinity data, for example, for a particular biological sample
- Help: brief users manual for the tools and utilities provided
- What's new?: latest updates
Last modified: April 3, 2016
You are visitor number !!